Tip # 173- May 30th
Media shortcuts for the BB
Depending on the typing input language that you're using, some shortcuts might not be available.
Audio and video files
· Pause an audio or video file Press the Mute key on the right side of your BlackBerry® smartphone.
· Resume playing an audio or video file Press the Mute key again.
· Play the next audio file Press and hold the Volume Up key on the right side of your smartphone.
· Play the previous audio file Press and hold the Volume Down key on the right side of your smartphone.
· Turn on the audio boost feature if you're using a headset Press the Volume Up key until the audio boost feature turns on.
· Zoom in Press I
· 30 Zoom out Press O
· Pan up Press 2
· Pan down Press 8
· Pan right Press 6
· Pan left Press 4
· Rotate Press L
Camera and video camera
· Zoom in before you take a picture or record a video Press the Volume Up key.
· Zoom out before you take a picture or record a video Press the Volume Down key.
· Take a picture Press the Convenience key on the right side of your smartphone.
Unlock the power of voice for the Nexus Android
We mentioned we didn't like the voice input icon on the keyboard, but that doesn't mean we aren't fans of voice search.
From calling and navigation to text entry and Google searching, your voice can be activated by simply holding down the search key.
If you're already in an application (say text message editor) you can hit the icon to simply say your text - although you'd have to ask whether a phone call makes more sense at this point.
Organizing your apps is so much easier on iPhones running iOS4. Just tap and drag apps on top of each other and you create intelligently named folders. You can rename the folder names Apple chooses though - just tap and hold on an app to make them wiggle, then tap on the folder name and start typing.