Friendly reminder if you are traveling outside of Canada during March break to remember to put Travel Packages on for your voice, data or text to keep your costs down.
Tips for your Device when traveling:
- Turn off your mobile network unless you are using it. (Check your manual or contact your carrier if you need help with settings.)
- Set “fetch new data” and other “always on” data-using functions to off or manual. You can temporarily activate them when you need to.
- Turn off applications (such as weather and Facebook) that check the Internet automatically.
- Set email on manual. This allows you to use data but prevents a large email file from downloading automatically.
- Set your phone to airplane mode. Turn it off if you need to make or receive a call. You should still be able to connect to Wi-Fi in airplane mode.
- Turn off functions or apps after you’ve finished using them.
- Use Wi-Fi instead of wireless carriers’ data services whenever possible. In some cases Wi-Fi may be free, but not always, and rates for Wi-Fi may vary around the world. For example, you can use your hotel’s wireless internet connection to download email to your device when you’re in your room.