Tip # 155- January 25th
About memory cleaning- tested on the 9900 bold
Memory cleaning is designed to delete sensitive data from the temporary memory on your BlackBerry® smartphone.
Examples of sensitive data include sensitive data in the cache for the key store browser, unencrypted data from email messages, LDAP
authentication passwords, and data from certificate and key searches.
When memory cleaning is turned on, the memory cleaning application is designed to delete sensitive data automatically in the
• When you insert your smartphone in a holster
• When you do not use your smartphone for a specified period of time
• When you synchronize with your computer
• When you change the time or the time zone for your smartphone
• When you lock your smartphone
Turn on memory cleaning
1. On the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Security > Advanced Security Settings > Memory Cleaning.
3. Select the Enable checkbox.
4. Press the key > Save.